Friday, November 9, 2012

Foodie Friday 11.9.12

Chocolate Eclairs

At this point in our relationship, I think it's only fair that I tell you - I am a chocoholic. And not one of those that sneaks their addiction either, no... I will blatantly feed my urge right out in public. But don't get me wrong, I do have some control. For example, I do not have to eat a whole cake in one sitting. One large piece, maybe two (if it's breakfast time), will suit me just fine. And I'll even eat desserts made without chocolate... sometimes. But ultimately, my heart belongs to the cocoa bean; and the darker, the saltier, the gooier, the better!

Here are some recipes that get my sweet-tooth aching and my heartbeat racing...


Like most self-respecting chocoholics, I love chocolate chip cookies. In fact, I could probably do a whole post on the tasty morsels, all on their own. (Maybe another time?) But for today, I'm going to stick with this one recipe, the granddaddy of them all. I mean, seriously? Nutella, brown butter, sea salt, and chocolate?? Oh, yeah...

S'mores Cake
I mentioned what a fan I am of the ooey, gooey, right? Well, this recipe takes the cake (literally) - with graham crackers, ice cream, chocolate, and toasted marshmallows. Definitely drooling over this one.

Salted Dark Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Chocolate and coffee have always been a killer combination, and these cookies do this dynamic duo proud. Best grab a bit of milk and hunker down...

Warm Chocolate Pudding Cakes with Caramel Sauce

Another pairing that's tough to beat is chocolate and caramel. (Don't these little cakes sound perfect for winter's first snow?) Yummy!

Carmelitas
These tasty-looking treats have been on my radar since last Spring. (Which apparently, is not a season that you can find caramel squares in the store.)  With the advent of colder weather though, I'm hoping my luck will change. If not, I'm taking to the internet, because these are a definite must-try for me!

What's your favorite chocolate treat?

Images: as linked above

No comments:

Post a Comment